Valley Yellow Pages advertisers now have the opportunity to add Text Message Marketing to their monthly advertising package. But why, you ask, should my business use Text Message Marketing?
Text messaging has emerged as an effective marketing channel allowing businesses to contact customers quickly and efficiently. Here are some reasons why this has happened:
- 91% of all U.S. citizens have their mobile devices within reach 24/7;
- Of these, 78% text regularly;
- More than 2/3 of all text users are 25 or older; and
- 97% of text messages are opened and read within 4 minutes of receipt.
These have all led to mobile coupon redemption rates averaging more than 20% compared to direct mail coupons, which rarely reach a 3% redemption rate.
That’s nice, but how can Text Message Marketing help my business?
Text Message Marketing allows you to stay in touch with your customers by building a Mobile VIP Club when users text your keyword (i.e. ‘GUMBO’) to 83654. Through your Mobile VIP Club you can communicate with customers and offer them:
- Limited-time specials;
- Exclusive coupons/discounts;
- Product announcements; and
- Event reminders.
By using text messaging to stay in contact with your customers on a regular basis, your customers will feel appreciated and excited about your business and product(s). This leads to business growth by helping you to:
- Gain more customers as word spreads about your Text Message Marketing program;
- Promote and sell more profitable products by talking about these products and specials;
- Increase sales from existing customers by bringing them back into your place of business; and
- Bring in more customers during non-peak times—For a great example, see the testimonial below.
Here’s how one Valley Yellow Pages advertiser made text messaging work for his business:
Thimble Towne, a fabric store in Visalia, California, sent a text blast out one morning that was only good for that day. The owner sent the message because business had been slower than usual—about $300 per day. The day he sent the text blast, sales totaled $6,000 as a result of the offer extended in the text blast.
“Mobile Messaging is an easy, effective and inexpensive way to advertise my business. I look forward to adding these additional dollars to my sales each month.” – Jeremy Swaim, Owner, Thimble Towne
Ready to learn more?
Contact your Account Executive or call 800 350-8887.
Mobile Marketing Association, January 2012.
Nielsen Mobile & CTIA